« Home | Not-a-blog » | And another... » | Desktops » | A Fanciful Fantasy » | Where I Belong » | Fortune's Favourite »

By the pricking in my thumbs...

Something clackish this way comes.

I could scarcely sleep last night.

I had stayed up until one o'clock waiting for our rebel prince to blog. At 1:04, I capitulated with a sigh. I'd FINALLY posted the new chapter of Runaway, the east coasters at CV had started dragging themselves to bed, and I imagined Clay was enjoying the end of a hot date, blissfully forgetting the thousand and one girlfriends waiting for his word.

But I could scarcely sleep.

My intuition told me to get out of bed and just refresh ONCE to see if anything of interest had happened. For once, I resisted. I ignored the call. I counted sheep that bleated acronyms for ATDW to cajole myself into sleep.

Morning. I check the boards. TEN NEW PAGES. Tartar sauce! (TM Spongebob) He had blogged half an hour after I had left. (!) I sprained my fingers racing over to the OFC to read Clay's blog. He nudged us toward his EP Jaymes Foster's blog. At the end of a rhapsody about Clay's musical talents, there it was.

ATDW. A Thousand Different Ways. The album title.

At last... some news has come along... our clackless days are o-ver...

Ahem.

Later, news came from Variety that CA's album will be released on September 19. 919 is Raleigh's area code. Coincidence, or confluence? I hope it's both. I don't dare to take this as gospel, but it encourages me that SOON has evolved out of Clay's definition and into its real meaning.

I picture him like this right now - just bursting with the need to tell us everything. But he's biting his lip and prying himself away from the keyboard.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Right now, the music world needs a VOICE. Clay, let it be yours.

Technorati tags: , , , , .