« Home | Today's Treasure #2 » | Today's Treasure #1 » | By the pricking in my thumbs... » | Not-a-blog » | And another... » | Desktops » | A Fanciful Fantasy » | Where I Belong » | Fortune's Favourite »

Today's Treasure #3

Last night at Clayversity, our conversation wandered to bugs (Yes, this is the board about everything and nothing. I love it.) So someone brought up Clay Aiken's Vermont performance of Bonnie Raitt's I Can't Make You Love Me. Some lucky little bug had snuggled herself against Clay's left shoulder, inches from his collar. I think it was the first time I've been certifiably jealous of a BUG.

In all seriousness, this is a beautiful video of that performance. Clay's voice is almost painfully exquisite here. I love the tender way he curls his voice around the notes and the zone he slips into when he sings such an emotional song. Because we're so spellbound by his voice, his audience is pulled into the zone too. I haven't felt this intensity of connection with anyone but Clay.



Technorati tags: , , , , , , .