« Home | Today's Treasure #7 » | Today's Treasure #6 » | Today's Treasure #5 » | Today's Treasure #4 » | Bizarro World, or, A Thousand Different Theories » | Today's Treasure #3 » | Today's Treasure #2 » | Today's Treasure #1 » | By the pricking in my thumbs... » | Not-a-blog »

Shameless Self Promotion

Today, I will post the first chapter of my NC-17 (so rated for language and violence, not 'the nasty') fanfiction in this blog. It's a romantic drama/mystery story starring Clay Aiken and my original character, Ariadne de Carivante. If you would like to read more, you can find this story in Clayversity's Reading Room, posted by yours truly.

Enjoy! (Or not, that's okay too.)

Runaway
Chapter 1
An American in Paris


Someone was pounding at the piano on the terrace, anger and glory fused into music.

I breathed deep and sharp, drinking the air like ice water. Ribbons of light spiralled from the ballroom and circled me as I stood at the balcony, arms resting on the glinting iron rail with studied abandon. The night was cold for June and electric with stars spinning above and below me. A few bounced, luminous, from the sky to the silent, swallowing river. They wanted to drown.

As did I.

He was standing alone, by the outmost alabaster column. When my eyes first rested on him, blue diamonds shattered inside. He laughed, and gestured at his companion with impossible tranquility. A degree cooler and he’d be frozen forever. A soundless symphony of music floated from his tall form and like a fevered dream I remembered the night when the stars had been blind. When we’d been lost to the whole world except each other, both innocent and both alone. A night unlike this one except that beneath his intricate calm he was alone, too.

For a moment his eyes locked on mine, searing. The emerald melted into jade disbelief and I felt stabbed. I did not run away. The marble cooled beneath my feet as I floated across the floor, knowing that I was followed.

Empty words bubbled inside as I felt him approaching. Apologies would burn him, pleas would chill. The sound of his feet was louder than the singing drumbeat of my heart.

His sultry hand rested on my shoulder, the fingers pressed against the skin. There would be four little marks when he let go. I turned, my toes curling against the floor in feeble desperation.

“Clay.”

Technorati tags: , , , .