« Home | Today's Treasure #4 » | Bizarro World, or, A Thousand Different Theories » | Today's Treasure #3 » | Today's Treasure #2 » | Today's Treasure #1 » | By the pricking in my thumbs... » | Not-a-blog » | And another... » | Desktops » | A Fanciful Fantasy »

Today's Treasure #5

Percy Sledge, who?

Last night, I watched an episode of the Simpsons that parodied American Idol. There was a young Clay Aiken imitation and a Milhouse singing When a Man Loves a Woman. My mind put the two things together and made me crave another look at this performance.

Clay Aiken sang WAMLAW at the Meadville stop of his 2005 Jukebox Tour. His fans have been yearning to hear him sing this ever since his stint on AI, when rumour had it that AI 'couldn't get clearance' for him to sing the song because it would make the competition irrelevant. Our wish came true during this Stump the Band segment, and it was effortless, breathtaking, and HOTTER than I had ever dared to dream. Now, if he'll sing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, I will become one happy phantom.



Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , .

Thanks for that.

Do we dare hope that he has the clearance now and it just might appear on ATDW? I can only hope!

polly, that is one of my most cherished fantasies. ;)

Post a Comment