« Home | Still The One » | You Give Me Fever... » | Musings » | What else... » | EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!1!!!1 » | A World In Need » | Today's Treasure #11 » | UNICEF needs help for children in Lebanon » | Today's Treasure #9 » | Today's Treasure #8 »

Starry-eyed Surprise

Today's Treasure #17

Today's pick is one of my most memorable experiences as a Clay fan.

I know, it's just the Fan's Choice at the American Music Awards. It's not as prestigious as a Grammy. It didn't gain him critical acceptance. And yes, it was a spammable poll - I remember having this one on my daily voting list for over a month. It may only be meaningful to Clay and those who helped win this award for him.

Still, to me, it was wonderful. He acknowledged his fans in a public and genuine way, and he meant it. There's just something so earnest and sweet about him. He's grown wiser, more confident, and more outspoken since his first moments of fame. But the part of him that blogs to us like a friend and gets choked up in concert is ever starry-eyed and amazed that we love him THIS much.

"I'm not really used to winning anything here. I'm kinda used to second place."

Not for long, Clay. You'll be first everywhere quite soon.



Technorati tags: , , , .

The fan award acceptance speech is on of my very favorite Clay moments. He seemed so overwhelmed. I just wanted to give him a big hug.

It's September--EEEEEE

VV/EE

Post a Comment