« Home | Different pages from the same story » | Fin plus footnotes » | Under spinning stars... (snerk) » | Just as long as Clay Aiken blogged, it's gonna be ... » | 1000 Oceans rise... » | Apologia and melodrama » | This holy kiss... » | Starry-eyed Surprise » | Still The One » | You Give Me Fever... »

The view from the handbasket

I’m listening to O Holy Night.

And I’m thudding.

It is entirely inappropriate to thud over Christmas carols, even if our magic prrring-er is the one singing them. I know that.

Yet here I am. My whole body tenses in anticipation of some of those “night”s and “fall”s and “hope”s, and I can only exhale after. I’m as helpless as one of Pavlov’s dogs... or is that one of Aiken’s b****es?

The rapturous expressions on his face when he sings this live don’t help, either. I know the sweet guy’s just singing glories to his God. But the theatre of expressions (TM Michael Ondaatje) he reveals don’t inspire pure thoughts. Quite the opposite, in fact. When Clay communicates with the divine, I revel in the handbasket.

Fall on my knees... yes, Clay. Right away. To do what?

Yeah. I’m going to hell.

And so are a lot of my fellow fans, if it’s wrong to get breathless listening to Christmas music. At least the handbasket has Youtube. Enjoy!



Technorati tags: , , , .